St. Nicholas provides students of all levels, talents, and ages with a world of options to extend their play and education. To match the the high level academics, students are encouraged to participate in many activities.
- CHESS CLUB / CHESS TEAM – learn chess and have fun in the chess club, a group that plays after school, or step it up and join the competetive Chess Team which competes (and wins medals) statewide.
- QUICK RECALL – students represent the school in an exciting, fast paced, academic trivia game while competing against city and state schools.
- ART CLUB – not only do students get access to one of the finest art teachers in Kentucky, they can extend their artistic endeavors in her after school programs.
- ARCHERY – inspired by Jennifer Lawrence, students love this activity.
- ANNUAL PLAY – students perform in the Iroquois Amphitheater and have opportunities to engage in all aspects of putting on a high level performance, including: acting, set design, sound management and stage direction.
- SPORTS – Basketball | Football | Volleyball | Softball | Baseball | Soccer | Cheerleading Check out the athletics page Click the link to read a great article about Greg Willett, President of our Athletic Board
- STAMP CLUB – visit the world through a history of stamps with Ms. French.
- KYA – students research and propose bills that they feel can benefit our community, while competing against schools across the state of Kentucky to have their bills become laws
- KUNA – students learn about cultures from around the world and sharpen their critical thinking skills while engaging with a wide variety of perspectives and global issues